UGC NET Syllabus 2020 – UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Paper I & II Check at ugcnet.nta.nic.in
National Testing Agency is organizing UGC NET Exam on 15.06.2020 to 20.06.2020. There will be two papers i.e. Paper I & Paper II to qualify by the applicants. Applicants should download the UGC NET Syllabus Pdf 2020 to make preparations for the exam. The ugc net exam syllabus was already revised in the previous year, hence, there will be no chances as of now in the exam pattern. You should read each detail carefully so that you can appear in the exam.
UGC NET Exam is among the toughest exams in India. It provides eligibility to Assistant Professor & JRF in the top colleges/universities of India. Candidates have to apply for the UGC NET 2020 to sit in the National Eligibility Test in June 2020.
Details for UGC NET Syllabus 2020
|Organization||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Organizing Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Test (NET)|
|Exam Mode||Online Test|
|Date of Exam||15.06.2020 to 20.06.2020|
|Uploading of UGC NET Exam Syllabus||Available Now|
How to Appear in the UGC NET Exam?
You need to complete your registration process to appear in the UGC NET Exam 2020. The closing date to apply for ugc net examination is 16.04.2020. Participants need to have that registration No. (provided on successful submission of form) to appear and download all the relevant information from the official website.
What is the Selection Process Shown In UGC NET June Syllabus 2020?
The applicants have to appear in two papers i.e. Paper I & Paper II to get selected in the UGC NET June Exam 2020. This is the new ugc net exam pattern, adopted in 2019 (previous year). Paper I is a mandatory exam for all the candidates. Simultaneously, the Paper will be a domain test. This question will test your in-depth knowledge towards the domain you selected.
- Paper I (10 Units) (Compulsory)
- Paper II (Domain Test) (Choose From 81 Subjects)
- Both Exams will be held in Online Mode.
What is the UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern for Paper I & II?
The papers will be organized one by one. There will be no gap (i.e. no date change). Both of the papers will be held on the same date i.e. 15.06.2020 for all the participants. The question paper will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Each right answer will give 2 marks.
- The good news is, there is no negative marking on marking wrong answers.
|Paper||Marks||Total Question||MCQ||Total Duration|
|I||100||50||It will test the teaching/research of the applicants. Questions will come from Reasoning ability, Reading comprehension, divergent thinking & General Awareness, etc.||03 Hours (180 Min) without any break.
All Question Compulsory
|II||200||100||This is based on the subject selected|
Schedule of UGC NET Exam 2020:
|Exam Date||15.06.2020 to 20.06.2020|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Timing of Examination||09.30 am- 12.30 pm||02.30 pm- 5.30 pm|
|Duration of Examination||03 hours|
|Entry at Centre||7.30 am – 8.30 am||12.30 pm -1.30pm pm|
|Entry in the Exam||8.45 am- 9.00 am||1.45 pm- 2.00 pm|
|Instructions by the invigilators||9.15 am -9.25 am||2.15 pm- 2.25 pm|
|Test Commences||9.30 am||2.30 pm|
|Test Concludes||12.30 pm||5.30 pm|
Topic wise UGC NET Syllabus 2020 Download at ugcnet.nta.nic.in
Unit I: Teaching Aptitude UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2020:
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution.
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centered vs. Learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based.
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
Unit II: UGC NET 2020 Syllabus for Research Aptitude:
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Postpositivism approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative Methods, Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing, Application of ICT in research, Research ethics.
Unit III: Comprehension Syllabus:
A Passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered.
Unit IV: Communication:
The UGC NET Syllabus 2020 includes:
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication, Barriers to effective communication, Mass-Media and Society.
Unit V: Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude:
- Types of reasoning: Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude: Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.
Unit VI: UGC NET Exam Syllabus for Data Interpretation:
- Sources, acquisition and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart)
- Mapping of Data, Data Interpretation. Data and Governance.
Unit VII: Logical Reasoning:
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition, Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning, Analogies.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple use for establishing validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge, Pramanas- Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension). Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasa (fallacies of inference).
Unit VIII: UGC NET 2020 Exam Syllabus for ICT:
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology, Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing, Digital initiatives in higher education. ICT and Governance.
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus for Development & Environment (Unit IX):
- Development and Environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions. Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies, Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
Higher Education System (Unit X):
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India.
- Professional, Technical and Skill Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration.
UGC NET Syllabus 2020 for Paper II:
Now the applicants have to choose 1 subject from the list of 81 subjects. The questions or ugc net june syllabus pdf 2020 will be designed from it only.
How to Download UGC NET June Exam Syllabus?
- Firstly, applicants can login to the official website i.e. ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- On the homepage you will get the link for ugc net notification.
- Here on the page 7-9, you will get the ugc net june exam pattern 2020.
- Read all the details carefully and then start preparations with ugc net syllabus 2020.
Important Links for UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2020:
Download UGC NET June 2020 Syllabus
Frequently Asked Question for UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2020
For How Many Subjects Domain Tests Will Be Conducted?
It will be held for 81 subjects.
When Were Changes in UGC NET Syllabus Conducted?
It was done in the previous year 2019.
Do I Have to Appear for Both Papers?
Yes, you need to appear in both papers.
Which Paper Is Compulsory for All in UGC NET Syllabus 2020?
The paper I is compulsory for all aspirants.
Is there Any Negative Marking in UGC NET June Exam 2020?
No. there will be no negative scoring in the ugc net 2020 examination.
UGC NET Syllabus 2020 for eligibility towards Assistant Professor & JRF. Exam date is 15.06.2020 to 20.06.2020. Check UGC NET June Syllabus 2020 from the above links.