UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021 Download – UPSC Civil Services Exam Pck the attern Hindi & English Pdf
Are you researching the topics discussed in UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021? Then stop your search here. Union Public Service Commission has announced its most prestigious Civil Services Exam Date 2021. As per the notification, the written test will be organized in June 2021. Candidates who are up for the exam should check the topics in UPSC Civil Services Syllabus 2021. The pen-paper-based test will be organized on 27th June 2021 for 712 vacant posts. The first phase will be the Preliminary Exam. An applicant can get more detail from the UPSC IAS Exam Pattern 2021 discussed below.
See Also: UPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2020
It is the most reputed and toughest examination organized in India. According to the topper who cracked IAS, It requires 7-8 hours of daily study which before 1-2 month of the exam date becomes 13-14 hours of study. UPSC IAS Syllabus for Prelims tests the general and societal awareness of the applicants. On the other hand, the Mains Exam is much more comprehensive as it includes 9 prominent subjects.
Candidates who wish to check the Tips & Tricks to Crack UPSC IAS 2021, then download UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2021.
Details for UPSC IAS (Civil Services) Syllabus 2021
Organization: Union Public Service Commission
Exam Name: Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2021
Total Posts: 712 Jobs
Post Name: IAS, IFS, IPS, etc.
Mode of Exam: Offline (Objective Type) Test
Date of Civil Services Exam: 27.06.2021
Availability of UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021: Available Now
Official Website: upsc.gov.in
What is the Student Strength for the UPSC IAS Examination?
The applicants who are looking for the participation ratio then here is something to check out. Since 2017, the participation ratio in UPSC Civil Services Jobs remained high. It stood at nearly 10-15 lac each year.
Then comes the participants for the prelims exam, each year nearly 5-6 lac applicants appear for the upsc ias preliminary examination. Among these only 12-13K students reaches to the Mains exam.
Now a few students (approx 2500) with good fortune appear at the Interview. This is the overall participation ratio of students for UPSC IAS Exam 2021. Applicants can study more by downloading the upsc ias syllabus pdf 2021 from below links.
UPSC IAS 2021 Selection Process Explained in Detail
Before moving to give upsc civil services exam, it is necessary to understand the upsc ias selection pattern 2021. As we all know, the civil services exam is not an easy thing to do like other examinations. Hence, the understanding of the selection process of such type of exam becomes rudimentary.
So what Union Public Service Commission is doing to select the applicant is It has settled a three-tier process. First will be Preliminary, Second will be Mains and Third will be Personal Interview.
- Preliminary Exam: 27.06.2021
- Mains Exam: Notify Soon
- Personal Interview: Notify Soon
So the first phase will be the prelims exam on 27th June 2021. It will have two main sections. One will be General Awareness and the second will be the Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT).
Exam Pattern for UPSC IAS Prelims Exam 2021 (400 Marks)
The applicants who wish to participate in the upsc civil services exam now must check the examination scheme. It includes Prelims & Mains Pattern followed by the Personal Interview process.
There will be two sections of the prelims exam. One is of General Awareness and another will be of CSAT. Each paper will be of 200 marks and the duration to solve each paper will be 02 hours.
General Awareness paper will have 100 questions. Each right answer will give you a 02 mark. But if you mark the wrong answer, then 0.66 (⅓) marks will be deducted from the total.
CSAT paper will have 80 questions and each wrong answer will deduct 0.83 marks. On giving the right answer, you will get 2.5 marks. Moreover, you can check the table given below:
|Paper||Subjects||Total Ques.||Total Marks||Duration|
|I||General Studies (GS)||100||200||02 hours
(9:30 am to 11:30 am)
(2:30 am to 4:30 pm)
Both papers are conducted to make scrutiny of the applicants for the Mains exam. Marks of both papers will not be added in the final selection.
UPSC IAS Syllabus-Exam Pattern for Mains 2021 (1750 Marks)
Mains exam is the second stage of the selection rounds. It will be organized for all the successfully qualified applicants from the prelims exam. This is the deciding exam and will be the toughest.
Now this section will have 9 papers targeting the academic talent of the student in-depth. Out of the 9 papers, two papers will be qualifying nature. These two papers will be of 300 marks each.
The name of these two qualifying papers will be Indian Language (Any) & English Language paper. Marks of these papers will not be considered for final merit. But an applicant has to qualify it by securing the minimum cut off described.
Further, the final scoring of the applicants will be done from the remaining 7 papers of Essay, General Studies & Optional Subject. The exam will be held for 1750 marks. Read the given below table for more details:
|II||General Studies – I (Indian Heritage & Culture, History & Geography of the World & Society)||250|
|III||General Studies – II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations)||250|
|IV||General Studies – III (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Security & Disaster Management)||250|
|V||General Studies – IV (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)||250|
There will be 48 optional subjects from which applicants have to choose. Candidates who qualify the UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam 2021 will appear in the Personal Interview.
UPSC IAS Personal Interview 2021 (275 Marks)
The applicants who become successful to qualify the exam will appear in Personal Interview. The interview process will be held for 275 marks. In this way, the final merit list will be prepared from 2025 marks.
Topics to Study in UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021 English Free Pdf
Now applicants can check the upsc civil services syllabus pdf for prelims & mains both exams. The complete topics are also being discussed in the upsc ias exam syllabus pdf 2021. Participants can read complete details from the official website or from the upsc ias (civil services) syllabus pdf.
UPSC IAS 2021 Syllabus For General Studies I for Prelims:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC Civil Services CAST Syllabus 2021:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.)(Class X level), data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. — Class X level)
UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus for Mains (General Studies Paper I):
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle — its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, re-drawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.— their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location-changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
How to Download UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021 Pdf for 712 Posts?
- First of all, login to the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Here you need to click on the link showing upsc ias notification pdf.
- The notification pdf contains the selection process & exam pattern.
- Read all the details by downloading the upsc ias syllabus pdf file.
Important Dates for UPSC IAS Exam Syllabus 2021:
Download UPSC IAS (Civil Services) Syllabus 2021
FAQ for UPSC IAS (Civil Services)Exam 2021
What is the Prelims Exam Date for UPSC Civil Services Prelims Test?
It will be organized on 27.06.2021 at various centers.
When will Mains Test Be Organized?
It will be organized in the month of September-October 2021.
Where to Check UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021 Link?
You can check the upsc ias (civil) services links from the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in
What is the Mode of UPSC IAS Exam 2021?
It will be conducted into offline mode i.e. Objective Type & Descriptive Type mode.
UPSC IAS Syllabus 2021 Pdf for 712 IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. jobs. The exam date is 27.06.2021. Offline test will be organized. Check upsc civil services syllabus pdf from the above official links.